As seen on:
Tables help to show organised information
They sort the categories and values in rows and columns to make it easy to compare values.
With our table maker you just have to drag and drop to edit the table and click and type to add your values. Tables can also be used to prepare raw data before creating other diagrams such as bar graphs, pie charts or timelines.
When to use tables vs other diagram?
- When there is too much data for a diagram to be clear, it is preferable to use a table.
- If you have a big amount of data using a diagram might not be the best idea so a table can be the best solution.
- If you are working with specific values and those are important to your report or presentation, then a table is better than a bar chart, as it focuses more on the values than their visual representation.
- When you want to show something at a glance (for example for a slide in a presentation where the audience will not have much time to read) a bar graph or pie chart makes more sense.
- When you want to show any trends, a bar chart will be the right diagram to use. For example the increase in sales will be more impactful in a bar chart than a table or pie chart.
You can customize every detail about your table, from fonts to text colors, text size, lines, background etc.
How to How to create a table on Xara Cloud
Expert tips to create a table
1. Think about the context in which your table will be used. Who will be reading it? How knowledgeable are they in the topic?
2. When adding the data,
make sure not to add too
much information. Keep it
simple. The more data you
add the longer it will take to
3. Always include the source of your data. That way it will not only look more professional but you also give people who are specially interested the chance to dive deeper into the topic.
4. Use colors and lines to help interpret the information.
For example, by grouping related data with thicker lines or applying the same background color.
5. Use right alignment for numbers, as it makes them easy to scan and compare. As for text, it is recommended to center align it.
6. The order in which you place your information matters, how you order your information so it makes the most sense.