Xara today released version 8 of its popular Web Designer software. Xara Web Designer MX (v8) together with a more advanced version Xara Web Designer MX Premium (v8) combine the advantages of customizable design templates and free-form, anything-anywhere web page design with flexible and innovative options for creating modern, multimedia websites. It offers unlimited possibilities for text layout, graphic design, image optimization and publishing, all in one easy-to-use program.
Xara releases new Web Designer MX (v8)
All aspects of the design can be customized. Users can re-arrange all page elements, add their own text, graphics and photos anywhere on the page. It's genuinely WYSIWYG, what you see in Xara Web Designer MX is exactly what you get on the web page. Xara Web Designer MX provides fast single-click re-coloring of all graphical elements throughout the entire website and uniquely amongst all web authoring tools there’s advanced text wrap around irregular shaped graphics and photos. The Designs Gallery includes a collection of widgets to add more dynamic functionality to the website. Site upload is covered too and there's even a free web hosting offer from MAGIX Online World!
The MX stands for Media Exchange whereby Xara Web Designer can exchange any graphic or photo with any other installed MAGIX MX application such as MAGIX Movie Edit Pro MX and MAGIX Online Albums, as well as Flickr and Facebook.
Xara Web Designer MX offers a host of additional exciting new and innovative features that enable both novice and professional web designers to quickly create and optimize content for greater impact on the web.
Both versions include enhancements that make it even easier to create a website in Xara Web Designer.
New v8 features in both Xara Web Designer MX and Xara Web Designer MX Premium include:
New v8 features in Xara Web Designer MX Premium:
- A new text styles feature that offers an efficient and powerful way of controlling the global appearance of text. Design your own named styles, and a single edit can update all text throughout your website. Generates CSS compatible styles.
- Automatic object positioning and page resize ensures that all of your content is adjusted to fit neatly on the page when you add new content.
- New inline graphics for embedding symbols and icons into text.
- Many new page and graphic templates and over 3000 new categorised clipart designs
- Many improvements and additions such as in-document pop up link checker, resizable color editor, reposition or re-order multiple pages together, fast optimize all images on the page, photo enhance the hue, new key shortcuts, new widgets and many more.
Managing Director, Charles Moir said, “With each new release we're making Web Designer not just more powerful, but also easier to use. With a growing number of professional web designers now using Xara Web Designer exclusively for all their website creation we appeal not just to graphic designers. The improved template handling makes it even easier for absolute beginners to create great looking websites. And with the free web hosting provided by MAGIX this is truly a complete web package. Improved text handling, great new Widgets, the world's easiest 'font embedding' solution, and new template make this the best Web Designer release yet.”
- Embedded fonts – website creators can now use just about any font (assuming the font allows website embedding) and Xara Web Designer will create the special font and script required and automatically upload it to the website.
- New photo transition and improved slideshow Widgets. These no-Flash Widgets are compatible with all modern browsers including phones and tablets.
- New interactive Chart Widgets. Enter your CSV data and create a resizable interactive chart, line graph or pie chart. Again this no-Flash solution is compatible with all modern browser and devices
- Create graphical bullet points and numbers – using Xara’s vector graphics capabilities you can now design your own graphics for use in numbered and bulleted lists, greatly enhancing the appearance of lists, especially valuable in Web Designer’s presentation feature.
- Many other improvements and additions such as a Live effects tool that introduces support for Photoshop plug-ins (and a bundle of over 30 plug-ins), support for SVG, OpenOffice Impress (.odp) and PowerPoint (.pptx) imports and updated camera RAW import.
Xara Web Designer MX costs just $49.99 and Xara Web Designer MX Premium costs just $99.99. Existing Xara Web Designer users can upgrade to MX v8 for as little as $29.99.
Xara Web Designer MX operates on Windows XP, Vista and 7 and requires 500MB of RAM and 600MB hard-disk space.
For more information see www.xara.com/webdesigner
More information and downloads
see the press center at http://www.xara.com/presscenter/webdesigner
includes press materials, graphics, screenshots, boxshots, product information
and a full list of new features
more details or a serial number to unlock the trial version please
contact: Nova Fisher, firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44
Found this interesting? Spread the news by clicking below:
Follow us on Twitter and get news hot off the press.
About Xara Group Ltd
Xara, founded in 1981, was one of the oldest independent software developers in the UK, until it was acquired by Magix AG in 2007. Xara continues to develop innovative graphics, website building, and document publishing tools, which are marketed around the world under both the MAGIX and Xara brand names.
About MAGIX AG
MAGIX is a leading international provider of high-quality software, online services and digital contents for multimedia communications. Since 1993, MAGIX has been developing leading technologies for creation, editing, management and presentation of photos and graphics, videos and music. Internationally, MAGIX operates from branches in the USA, Canada, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands. The product range is targeted towards laymen and professionals alike and goes beyond the PC range to include seamlessly integrated online and mobile applications.
According to its retail sales figures, MAGIX leads in the multimedia software sector in the most important European markets, and is one of the most successful competitors in the USA. Fifteen years of market presence as well as one thousand awards worldwide testify to the company's power of innovation.