More info on magix.com
This links to the Magix site where you may occasionally find different offers or bundles, please note that if you order from Xara we only supply the Magix product listed on this page at the price shown.
On any orders delivered to countries in the European Union (EU), Value Added Tax (VAT) will be added at 20% of the price of the product.
Supported operating systems
- Microsoft® Windows® 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista© (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit)
Minimum system requirements
All MAGIX programs are developed with user-friendliness in mind so that all the basic functions run smoothly and can be fully controlled, even on low-performance computers. Please refer to your operating system’s control panel for technical information on your computer.
- Processor: Dual core processor with 2.0 GHz
- RAM: 1 GB
- Graphics card: Onboard graphics card with a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- Sound card: Internal sound card
- Hard disk space: 2 GB free disk space for program installation
- Optical drive: DVD drive (only for installation of the box version)
Recommended system requirements
Some advanced program functions demand more of your computer's processing power. To use these functions fully, your system should at least meet the following recommended requirements. Check your operating system’s control panel for technical information about your computer.
System requirements for HD and Stereo3D editing
- Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Quad-core processor with 2.83 GHz (Intel® Core™ i7 recommended) or
- AMD® Quad-core processor with 2.8 GHz
- RAM: 4 GB
- Graphics card: Dedicated graphics card with 512 MB VRAM or more
- For accelerated AVCHD output: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8000 Series and better (CUDA™) or AMD® Radeon™ 5000 Series and better (OpenCL™) or integrated graphics with Intel® Quick Sync Video*
- Sound card: Multi-channel sound card recommended for surround sound editing
- Optical drive: Blu-ray burner for creating your own Blu-ray Discs™
System requirements for 3D playback
- Red/cyan glasses required for anaglyph 3D display.
- A special monitor is needed to watch content with polarized filter glasses.
- A 120 Hz monitor or a projector as well as compatible shutter glasses and graphics card are required for shutter playback.
Supported file formats & devices
Supported import formats
- Video: AVI, DV-AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MTS, M2TS, MXV, MJPEG, QuickTime®, WMV(HD), VOB, MKV
- Audio: WAV, MP3, OGG, WMA, MIDI, Dolby®Digital Stereo/5.1 (downmix to stereo)
- Images: JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIF, TGA
Supported export formats
- Video: AVI, DV-AVI, MJPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, QuickTime®, WMV(HD)
- Audio: WAV, MP3
- Images: JPEG, BMP
- FireWire interface: for use with DV/HDV camcorders
- USB interface: for use with HD camcorders, cameras, digital video recorders and webcams
- Video, TV, or graphics cards with a video input for digitizing analog sources
- Optical drives: Blu-ray, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM, or CD-R/RW burner
** 98 test wins refers to the following versions of MAGIX Movie Edit Pro (Plus and Premium): 18, 17, 16, 15, 2007/2008, 2007, 2006/2007, 2006, 2005/2006, 2005, 2004/2005, 2004, 2003/2004, 2.0. Test wins from other countries refer to the country-specific version.
Note: Online services offered in the program and the online update feature require an Internet connection.
For copyright reasons MPEG-4, MPEG-2 and Dolby®Digital Stereo must first be activated for free.
Windows Media® Player version 10 or higher must be installed in order to export MP3s.