Xara is pleased to announce the release of the most powerful member of the Xara X family - Xara Xtreme Pro which they believe to be the most versatile graphics software and it comes at a price to suit any Professional's pocket.
This new release builds on Xara Xtreme, the world's highest performance graphics software, and adds new Flash creation facilities, multi-page support and pre-press capabilities among many other useful features for the pro designer.
Charles Moir, CEO of Xara said "Xara Xtreme Pro is not designed to compete with the likes of InDesign or Quark Xpress, or Adobe's professional Flash authoring tools. We know most designers don't need or even want to get into scripting Flash - they are designers not programmers. Xara Xtreme has been acclaimed as the easiest to use vector graphics software by reviewers and users alike, and since Flash is a vector technology it's a perfect fit. Xara has produced a really simple, cost effective innovative approach to creating Flash animations".
"DTP products are gradually introducing more graphics capabilities. The latest Quark, for example, has introduced basic line drawing and transparency features that Xara has had for 12 years. Xara Xtreme is coming from the other side - primarily a graphics program adding DTP capabilities."
"Since most flyers, small leaflets, newsletters and the like incorporate a lot of graphics and photos, I believe it is fundamentally wrong to force users to buy two separate programs - graphics software and DTP software. Xara will continue to work towards complete seamless integration of both worlds."
"In summary, Xara Xtreme Pro brings better file interchange, better pre-press support for document production, simple Flash authoring and multi-page support. And it does all this and at a price that is a small fraction of the alternatives", concluded Charles Moir.
Xara Xtreme Pro has all of the features of Xara Xtreme with the addition of:
Key new features
Dramatically improved file interchange
- Multi-page support. DTP style page layout, including single or double page spreads. Suitable for leaflets, flyers, newsletters etc.
- Enhanced text tool and improved text flow. Support text frames and you can flow text from any page to any other.
- An innovative and easy approach to efficient Flash animation creation.
- Pre-press and color separations supports for professional document production.(see below)
- Improved file interchange - more compatible than ever with Adobe and industry standard products. (see below)
- Photo levels tool in the integrated Xara Picture Editor.
- Improved Microsoft Office integration (e.g you can copy any graphics in Xara and paste in Outlook - it is embedded as a compressed JPG)
- Lots of additional smaller improvements.
Dramatically enhanced pre-press capabilities:
- PDF export specifically able to be imported into Adobe Illustrator.
- Photoshop PSD export and import file support including mapping of PSD layers to Xara Xtreme and Xtreme layers to PSD layers, RGB, Lab, and CMYK support.
- TIFF import support including Adobe alpha channel (transparent TIFFs).
- PDF import. Not just for importing vector graphics from a wide range of applications, but also general PDF files. (note this does not import encrypted files).
- CMYK color separations, on screen printer gamut simulation, on screen plate preview, spot colors, Pantone spot and process support.
- Much improved PDF export, including real PDF transparency support of PDF versions 1.3 through 1.6.
- PDF font embedding, and subsetting. Layer support (you can switch Xara Xtreme layers on and off in Adobe Reader).
- Xara file embedding - you can now embed Xara Xtreme files into PDF files - for the ultimate in file portability and readability.
- PDF/X export including ICC color profiles, 2001 and 2003 standards, spot color support, crop and printers marks and many more professional features.
Xara Xtreme remains, far and away, the highest performance graphics application, putting market leading vector products to shame. See http://www.xara.com/products/xtreme/performance.asp
Xara Xtreme Pro has an SRP of $199 USD + tax and shipping
Xara Xtreme will continue to be sold with an SRP of $79 + tax and shipping. This general consumer version does not have the professional features listed here.
For more details or a beta version of Xara Xtreme Pro please contact: Nova Fisher, firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 1392 209509
Found this interesting? Spread the news by clicking below:
Follow us on Twitter and get news hot off the press.
About Xara Group LtdXara has been developing cutting edge software in the UK since 1981. Xara has developed a wide range of products covering the whole realm of publishing and graphics software. Xara Designer is the world's fastest, and many believe the world's best drawing and illustration software.
Xara has a particularly strong technology and innovation history. It pioneered many of the graphics technologies and techniques used by the industry today. Many of its user interface techniques have been adopted by the industry. From the very beginning Xara has been involved in the online world, including the formation (and subsequent sale of) one of the earliest Internet providers. Since the late 90s Xara has conducted most of its business via the Internet, and has gained millions of customers worldwide.
About MAGIX AG
For 20 years MAGIX has been providing high-quality multimedia software to millions of homes & offices around the world and enabled the creative integration of music, photos and videos into our everyday lives. MAGIX is constantly developing new software for the creation, editing, management and presentation of your content & projects.
Internationally, MAGIX operates from branches in the USA, Canada, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands. The product range is targeted towards laymen and professionals alike and goes beyond the PC range to include seamlessly integrated online and mobile applications.
According to its retail sales figures, MAGIX leads in the multimedia software sector in the most important European markets, and is one of the most successful competitors in the USA. Twenty years of market presence as well as one thousand awards worldwide testify to the company's power of innovation.